The Initiative for Equality and Non Discrimination (INEND) is a local not-for-profit organisation that researches and undertakes strategic actions towards equality, acceptance and inclusion in the Coast Region of Kenya.
INEND is looking for a Research and Documentation Officer to conduct studies, recommend research and document evidence from primary and secondary sources on several issues, which will then input into INEND’s programming.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com
Deadline: 31st July 2018
Bitch Media, an independent, nonprofit feminist media organization now in its 22nd year, is pleased to offer the Bitch Media Fellowships for Writers. This is a series of three-month intensive writing fellowships whose goal is to develop, support, and amplify emerging, diverse voices in feminist, activist, and pop-culture media.
Fellows will work in one of the four subject areas during the fellowship period: Sexual Politics, Pop-Culture Criticism, Technology, Global Feminism.
Deadline: 31st July
None on Record is a digital media organization dedicated to working with LGBT communities across the African continent and in the Diaspora. We focus our work in three areas – digital media production and documentation, technology and media training programs, and culture and innovation. None on Record is looking for a dynamic, talented and proactive individual to take up the position of Social Media Producer in our Nairobi office.
Deadline: Not provided
Are you from Kenya? Are you 18-24 years old? Do you identify as LGBTI?
If yes, then you are eligible to apply for the LGBTI Youth Workshop,organised by the Gender Health and Justice Research Unit, University of Cape Town and National Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission. Participants must attend both part 1 and part 2:
Workshop part 1: Nairobi 28/29 August 2018
Workshop part 2: Nairobi 8-12 October 2018
All costs of participation are covered.
Applicants must complete an application form and send their CV
and copy of their ID.
E-mail us to apply: LGBTI.firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 11 July 2018
None on Record is a digital media organization that works with African LGBT communities across the African continent and the diaspora. We focus our work in three areas – digital media and documentation; technology and media training programs; and culture and innovation.
Currently, None on Record is looking for a writer based in East Africa to work on a book project.
Deadline: Not provided
HealthRight International and its local affiliate HealthRight Kenya empower marginalized communities to live healthy lives, with particular focus on four marginalized populations: mothers and infants; migrant populations, adolescents and sexual minorities.
HealthRight International is currently looking for a Project Manager, Pr-EP, who will be based either in Nairobi or Malindi.
Deadline: 13th July, 2018
- Press Statement: Mandela at 100: Kenyan rights group honored as one of 100 Sparks of Hope, July 19th, 2018
- Press Statement: Kenya Appeal Court Moves to End Forced Examinations of Men Suspected of Being Gay, March 22nd, 2018
- Press Statement: NGLHRC Seeks to Strike Down Discriminatory Laws, February 20th, 2018
- Report on The State of Trans Organizing by AJWS, October 31st 2017.
- Press Statement: Kenya Medical Association statement against forced anal examinations, September 23rd 2017.
- Press Statement: NGLHRC Condemns Gross Violations Against LGBTIQ Persons in Tanzania, April 26 2017
- What African Sex Workers Want, Feb 7 2017
- 9 Tips for Coming Out to Your African Family, Feb 1 2017
- Petition to end Forced Anal and HIV Testing in Kenya, Jan 2017